[shifter-users] Drop down applications menu / windows passwordless user

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 11:16:40 BST 2010

On 07/01/2010 02:29 PM, Manuel Monge wrote:
> Hi, I just got shifter installed, great app!
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) I'm using Fedora and windows, I can connect from windows to both windows
> and fedora but i can't connect from fedora to windows, my windows user has
> no password, does having a password is a requisite to connect?
You are right, this won't work as-is... I've created a bug for it:
http://shifter.devloop.org.uk/trac/ticket/109

> 2) How do I get those nice drop-down app menus shown in the screenshots (the
> dialog based control is not that user friendly).
I've added it to the FAQ:
http://shifter.devloop.org.uk/faq.html#howto_use_menumode
"Go to 'Configuration', select the 'User Interface' and toggle the 'Use
Nested Menus' option"

Do you think this should be the default?