[shifter-users] Python -- ImportError: No module named shifter.applet_wrapper

aliander at gmx.at aliander at gmx.at
Fri Sep 10 11:50:32 BST 2010

Hi there!

I had some trouble installing, as the repository wasn't reachable. So I alienated the rpm for my Ubuntu.

Trying to start it from the gnome menu didn't do anything, so I shot up a term and tried my luck.

/usr/bin/shifter_applet --open_server_config=%f
shifter_applet --open_server_config=Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/shifter_applet", line 3, in <module>
    import shifter.applet_wrapper
ImportError: No module named shifter.applet_wrapper

Seems that python isn't finding the module. Probably because some path (sys.path?) isn't set correctly (sorry, my python knowledge is less than basic...).

Could you guys give me a hint?

Thanks in advance!
 Ali

--
Erik The Flutemaker braucht deine Unterstützung beim Aufbau einer gemeinnützigen Stiftung, um den Kindern von Cascabel zu helfen.
Informationen und Spendenkonten hier:

GMX.at - Österreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit über 2 Mio Mitgliedern
E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail