[winswitch] Applet startup error

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 12:27:37 BST 2011

I have now pushed some of the changes for Ubuntu Lucid users only.

Others have reported that despite the fix for Ubuntu's poorly documented
API breakage (..), the 'appindicator' may also be unusable in some
cases: the tray icon simply does not show up at all.

If that is the case, please try running the applet from the command line
with:
winswitch_applet --debug-mode --prefer-gtk-tray
This change can be made permanent in your .winswitch/client/client.conf
by setting:
prefer_gtk_tray=True

If that helps, or even if it does not, please let me know so I can try
to find what needs to be done to work reliably on all versions of
Ubuntu. Obviously, I have no such problems on the test environment :(

Thanks
Antoine