[winswitch] Single-clicking requires double-clicking on Kubuntu 11.04

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 11:37:48 BST 2011

Hi there,

I've installed Kubuntu 11.04 64-bit (in a VM, but I don't think that has anything to do with it) and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

The problem is that any windows managed by WinSwitch require double-clicking just to single-click. Initially it appeared that, although my previously open sessions had resumed and the windows from them were displayed, the windows were unresponsive. It was only after I started clicking repeatedly in frustration that I (eventually) realised what was going on. The problem applies to selecting items in lists (say files in the Deluge bittorrent app), to checkboxes and to buttons - I have to double-click the list items to select them, I have to double-click checkboxes to tick or untick them, I have to double-click buttons before they'll respond. I have to double-click on links in Firefox in order to follow them.

I don't have any problem with normal non-WinSwitch applications on this system, nor if I open a terminal and do `ssh -Y remotehost firefox` - I can single-click links and it works just like normal.

On the Kubuntu desktop system the version of kdebase-bin is 4.6.2-0ubuntu1 and of kde-window-manager is 4.6.2a-0ubuntu5.1. That's from running Ubuntu's GUI software updater last night. After doing that I installed WinSwitch as described on the WinSwitch website [1], so WinSwitch on the desktop is version 0.12.3. On the two machines I'm connecting to, one is 0.12.0 and the other 0.12.1.

The other thing that slightly bothers me is that when I click on the WinSwitch icon in the system tray I have to hold down the mouse button until I'm halfway down the menu, otherwise the menu disappears. I don't know if this is normal or perhaps (another?) KDE problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stroller.

[1] http://winswitch.org/downloads/debian-repository.html?dist_select=natty