[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] xpra 0.3.5 / xpra 0.4.1 / xpra 0.5.0-beta1

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 19:10:44 BST 2012

On 08/02/2012 01:04 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> OK, I found I had an old config /etc/xpra/xorg.conf which was using
> xdummy.  I mv'd it.
This is not an old config. This is the new config that comes with 0.5.0,
you should not need to remove it.
If you do not want to use Xdummy, just comment out "xvfb=" in the
config, or even set it to use Xvfb explicitly (the config contains
examples for both)

If you remove it, xpra *should* go back to using Xvfb as this is still
the overall default.

Unless you have another "xvfb=" option in ~/.xpra/xpra.conf, but since
you didn't know about this file until I mentioned it, you don't ;)

>  Now, I get
>
> Fatal server error:
> xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)
>
> If I use the nosuid Xorg.  I seem to recall seeing this before?
Weird, looks like an Xorg running with a non-Xdummy config.

FWY: I am adding info to the DPI ticket, I cannot reproduce it here
(story of my life) but others can, so we should be able to get to the
bottom of this one.