[winswitch] xpra (client) on Centos 5.7

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 17:22:05 GMT 2012

On 02/28/2012 12:08 AM, Bob Tennent wrote:
>  >|Or grab one of the beta packages I've just built from the 0.1.x branch:
>  >|https://winswitch.org/beta/
>  >|
>  >|Note: the in-the-works 0.1.0 release will drop support for old buggy
>  >|versions of pygtk, this includes the one in CentOS 5.x, so soon would be
>  >|a good time to upgrade..
>
> xpra-0.1.0-1.i386.rpm for centos5.7 installs OK but
>
> % xpra attach ssh:<remote system>:100
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/xpra", line 6, in ?
>     xpra.scripts.main.main(__file__, sys.argv)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xpra/scripts/main.py", line 229, in main
>     run_client(parser, options, args, mode)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xpra/scripts/main.py", line 365, in run_client
>     app = XpraClient(conn, opts)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xpra/client.py", line 414, in __init__
>     self.pixel_counter = deque(maxlen=100)
> TypeError: deque() does not take keyword arguments

Sigh... sorry not had time to test so you ended up being the guinea pig!

http://docs.python.org/library/collections.html#collections.deque
This is a python2.6 feature and I'm not sure how to make it all work
with older versions of python without adding complexity to the code.

And since the current code drops a number of workarounds for older
versions of libraries, maybe now is a good time to say goodbye to
python2.5...

Sorry I can't be more helpful than this but I am trying to clean up the
code so spending my time introducing workarounds for outdated binaries
doesn't really fit :/