[winswitch] Specifying xmodmap settings (in a file)

Alexey Loginov alelog at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 20:36:15 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'm setting up xpra/WinSwitch, using older versions (0.7.36/12.10) to
get around the missing 'a' issue (https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/92).
Older versions don't handle xmodmap setting with modifier keys (e.g.,
to swap Escape and Alt, as I do in my .Xmodmap file, shown below).

Is there an easy way just to ask WinSwitch/xpra to use an existing
.Xmodmap file (e.g., by copying it to .winswitch/server/xmodmap or
something like that)?  I got a bit tangled up in the many set_xmodmap
functions trying to use a file that I place in the above directory and
not let it be overwritten with new xmodmap calls.

Of course, if the partial version of xmodmap settings like below
doesn't work, please let me know.  Thanks for any help!
-Alexey

.Xmodmap:

! Make esc and alt behave as Meta:
clear Mod1