[winswitch] xpra doesn't handle menus

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 19:04:45 GMT 2012

On 03/22/2012 09:18 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Looks like xpra-0.1.0 is useless on Fedora 16.  Nothing happens when
> clicking on menus - which seems to be a pretty serious problem.
Are you talking about xpra's own tray menu or about a specific
application you are running through xpra and which is having problems
displaying its own menus properly? And if the latter, which application
is it? Does it happen with other applications?

Is it a Qt application by any chance?
If this is the case then this may well be a theme/style problem which
can be remedied using an environment variable I just cannot find right
now...
Note for those who hit this issue, you may be able to get those Qt
styles to work properly using an Xvfb server with the required
extensions, ie:
https://xpra.org/Xdummy.html