[winswitch] xpra doesn't handle menus

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:33:26 GMT 2012

I'm using kde for desktop (4.8.1), if that matters.

What I told you is not quite accurate.

1. xpra attach ssh:nbecker6:100

This attaches to 'konsole' on remote.
The cursor changes as I mouse over the menu, but left click on a menu does
nothing.  I see in .xsession-errors (and the mod time is quite recent):

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x255b998), parent's thread
is QThread(0x23d8330), current thread is RankingsUpdateThread(0x2599e30)

Now from that konosole, launch emacs.
Cursor changes from i-beam to X, as I move from text area to the window
frame.  But click on a menu does nothing.  .xsession-errors seems to have a
new modtime, and I see the same message as above.