[winswitch] xpra and the letter A

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 21:42:37 BST 2012

On 03/28/2012 03:33 AM, Troy Cauble wrote:
> Running
> xpra start :100
> DISPLAY=:100 xterm
> on my ubuntu box
>
> and
> /Applications/Window-Switch.app/Contents/Helpers/xpra attach ssh:mybox:100
>
> on my Macbook
>
> I get an xterm that works except
> the letter A won't type (!)
Hah, that is a bit of a problem! Can you post the xpra server log?
I suspect that the keymap ran out of free keys to use to map your client
keys.. Is it just the uppercase version or, any 'a'?
The default keyboard map (us) should have an 'a' anyway, very strange.
Please post "xmodmap -pke" in an xpra client window.

> and copy and paste don't work.
Cut&paste lacks a decent API on Mac OS X, so it may never be supported
properly (if at all):
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/11

Antoine