[winswitch] starting apps in different terminal produces error

James C. McPherson jmcp+xpra at jmcp.homeunix.com
Tue May 15 00:18:11 BST 2012

With svn rev 845 (Solaris host, Solaris client) if I try to
start a new utility in a different terminal session to the
one I started xpra in, I see these messages for meld:

/usr/bin/meld:111: GtkWarning: file gtkicontheme.c: line 317: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
   gtk.icon_theme_get_default().append_search_path(meld.paths.icon_dir())
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/meld", line 111, in <module>
     gtk.icon_theme_get_default().append_search_path(meld.paths.icon_dir())
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append_search_path'

Similarly, if I try to start emacs (emacs-gtk, fwiw), I see

$ echo $DISPLAY
elpaso:100
$ emacs &
[1] 310737
elpaso: $ Display elpaso:100 unavailable, simulating -nw

I'm pretty sure xpra didn't behave this way in previous revisions. Where
should I be looking to gather more information on what's going on?

thanks in advance,
James