[winswitch] "a" key

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Tue May 22 06:32:05 BST 2012

On 22 May 2012, at 01:46, Davide Varvello wrote:
>> My client xpra is a max osx lion, it seems the "a" key is not recognized. Every other key is ok but clicking on "a"

Known issue.

http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/92

http://lists.devloop.org.uk/pipermail/shifter-users/2012-March/000166.html

Very frustrating, isn't it?

I have been using plain old `ssh -X firefox` the last few days, and it is very refreshing in its simplicity.

My primary need for WinSwitch / xpra is to use Firefox on a Linux box to access the DRAC4 interface of Dell PowerEdge servers. The Java applets are supported on Windows and Linux, but not OS X. The DRAC's default password is "calvin" and I was getting increasingly frustrated by repeated logins when setting up a new system - I was thinking what a pain it was going to be to haul out this machine to connect it to a monitor. I would have probably had to spend a deal of time searching for a suitable liveCD (some are maintained which carry Dell's proprietary utilities). How much more aggravating it would have been to have gone to all this trouble to find it did not solve the problem!

Obviously it's impossible to access any website with "a" in its name when using Firefox over WinSwitch / xpra, or to log into any site if the password contains an "a".

I appreciate you are very busy, Antoine, but this really is a major stopper on OS X.

Stroller.