[winswitch] xpra 0.7.0 and little keyboard troubles

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 08:15:50 BST 2012

On 10/14/2012 05:35 PM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

>>> It's good that you're know where is the issue now. :)
>>
>> Would you mind trying to revert this one to confirm?
>
> Sure, I knew you would ask but I couldn't try right away due to lack of time.
>
> I'm not sure how to revert a particular patch (other than manually) so I've
> checked out v0.7.x/r1940.
>
> It works well, I can't see any regressions so far.
Would you mind trying r1941 to confirm that it is this changeset that is
causing the regression? (there's nothing else keyboard related after
this one - but better make sure)

And if so, can you try each half separately (ignoring the win32 changes):
* the changes to xpra/xkbhelper.py (to do with zero keycodes)
* the changes to xpra/server_source.py (

Please be aware that due to some unfortunate asymmetry in the code X11
keyboard API, it is possible for the keyboard mappings to degrade every
time you connect. This makes it much harder to pinpoint issues as it may
take 2 or more connections before the problems manifest themselves. (as
I found out at my expense when fixing Mac OS/win32 "AltGr" support)