[winswitch] Multiple xpra sessions on the same machine

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 11:21:19 BST 2012

On 09/01/2012 05:06 PM, Davide Varvello wrote:
> Hi there,
>   I've a couple of xpra sessions on the same machine: one started on 100 and other started on 101.
How did you start those sessions? Which versions do you have installed
on each machine? How do you run them? etc..

> Every time I'm going to connect the machine via window-switch,
> I can only see the session on 100. How can I attach to display number 101?
You may want to stop the winswitch server (which may be running embedded
in the applet on the 'server' machine, or the standalone
winswitch_server command - I don't know enough about your setup), then
try clearing the corresponding session directory:
~/.winswitch/server/sessions/101
Then it should re-detect it on restart (as long as you have:
capture_external_sessions=True in your
.winswitch/server/protocols/xpra.conf)

Note: by doing this, you will lose the session name and other bits of
information about this session.
The other (better) option is to investigate why this session is hidden
from view by looking at the session config file, log file, winswitch log
file etc.