[winswitch] Difficulty installing/running on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 03:22:31 BST 2013

On 08/08/13 00:41, Arthur Zey wrote:
> Antoine:
>
>     Please run in debug mode to get more info in the logs (and make
>     sure no passwords are in them), preferably using:
>     winswitch_applet --debug-mode
>

> Unfortunately, I was unable to start in debug mode, as you suggested.
> I managed to find the winswitch_applet binary, but I got an error when
> executing:

(snip)
> I'm afraid I'm not very good at figuring out what/how command line
> stuff works in Mac OS.
Yes, OSX can make even the simplest things difficult to find.
We have to use a wrapper script in Contents/MacOS, this is the one you want.
(assuming it doesn't strip command line arguments - I haven't checked)

> However, I did edit the ~/.winswitch/client/client.conf file, and I
> set "debug_mode=True" (changing it from "debug_mode=False"), and
> somehow, that made the menu bar appear when I gave the dock icon focus.
I do not understand why debugging would have that sort of impact.
It must be something else.