[winswitch] xpra issue on Debian

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 06:28:08 BST 2013

On 13/08/13 12:19, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Okay, then it sounds like either I made a mistake in how I mixed
> repositories, or I should submit a bug to the Debian packager to
> ensure that the right x264 library goes with it. What version is
> required by 0.9.8?
That depends.
First, I believe the breakage you are seeing is from avcodec (part of
libav / ffmpeg)
In v0.9.x, we build against the latest libav (9.8) for the supported
binary platforms (OSX, win32, and some CentOS static builds)
Building against older libav versions should work, but then you need to
apply patches to fix some API breakage.

Note: in 0.10 (release due today), the binary builds have switched to
using ffmpeg 1.2.2 - and we have yet more patches for libav compatibility.
To make matters worse, it seems that we cannot build against ffmpeg 2.x
at present, due to more API breakage.

Antoine