[winswitch] Connection lost issue with xpra 0.10.2

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 16:11:42 BST 2013

On 29/08/13 22:04, Bernardo Leon wrote:
> Hi, im trying to run the Get Started section of xpra official site but when i try to run this:
>
> xpra attach :100
>
> I get some errors related to OpenGL. I get this one: No OpenGL_accelerate module loaded: No module named OpenGL_accelerate.
You can ignore this message, I've added it to the FAQ:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/FAQ#WarningsandMessages
> So i tried to run without Opengl using:
>
> xpra attach :100 --opengl=no
>
> ...and the opengl 'errors' dissapear but i still getting another error:
>
> password is required by the server
> 2013-08-29 09:48:33,217 connection closed after 1 packets received (61 bytes) and 1 packets sent (28K bytes)
> 2013-08-29 09:48:33,321 Connection lost
>
> I guess i have to provide a password but what password and where?? if its another problem how can i resolve it? thank you!
I'll take a guess and you probably have winswitch installed and running
too, right?
What happened is that it has captured your xpra sessions and password
protected them so it can export them to other machines safely.
You can change this behaviour by editing:
.winswitch/server/protocols/xpra.conf
(and then restart winswitch)

Or you can stop winswitch whilst you run your xpra tests from the
command line.