[winswitch] nosound binary packages

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 10:21:33 GMT 2013

On 02/13/2013 04:49 PM, Thomas Sattler wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> are there any plans to additionally ship prebuild
> (debian) binaries that have sound disabled and
> therefore do not pull in gstreamer?
Gstreamer is a soft-dependency, just ask apt to skip it:
apt-get --no-install-recommends update xpra

> Something like vim-nox: "This package contains a
> version of vim compiled with [...] but no GUI."
Sorry, I really don't have time to start doing things like this.
Packaging hell takes far too much of my time already.

> We switched from VNC to xpra to run stuff on a re-
> mote linux server. As there is no need for sound,
> I'd prefer not to install gstreamer at all.
See above.
FWIW: Gstreamer is just a library, you don't have to use it.
You can tweak your /etc/xpra/xpra.conf to disable all sound.

Antoine