[winswitch] xpra coordinate mapping error with dual screen

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 16:01:08 BST 2013

On 06/04/2013 08:51 AM, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> I've recently upgraded to xpra 0.9.2 and now 0.9.4 from a much older
> version. I also switched to using Xdummy in the process. Now I am
> getting an intermittent and very odd problem with the mouse pointer
> coordinates.
>
> After lots of quite normal operation suddenly the mouse pointer clicks
> will go wrong on the second (right hand side) screen. Clicking with the
> mouse will register the click somewhere else on the same screen, the y
> coordinate will be correct but the x will be much reduced, usually it
> will register the click near the left hand edge of the screen even if I
> clicked near the right hand edge. The click may turn up in an entirely
> different xpra window if they are suitably arranged.
>
> Non-xpra windows are not affected and the left hand screen carries on
> working normally. Dragging a window from the rhs screen to the lhs
> screen fixes the problem for that window, and putting it back causes it
> to go wrong again. If the window is split between screens then the part
> on the lhs works fine and the part on the rhs exhibits the problem.
>
> The only remedy I've found is to restart the client which solves it
> until the next time. This has happened on average maybe once per 20
> hours of use so is not common.
>
> There are no log messages from either end when this happens. Any ideas?
Please post your server log.
It sounds like your vfb is using the wrong dimensions or that the
windows are mapped in the wrong place.
The first one should show up in the standard server log, for the second
one you will need to run the server in debug mode (-d all).

This could be related to this bug:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/349

Antoine