[winswitch] Reducing the colour depth (client side)

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 12:26:07 GMT 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to reduce the colour depth client side when performing
xpra attach?

I'm attempting to use xpra over a 3G modem link where the X server is
140ms away.  For a while, I've been using a VNC setup in exactly this
way and found that reducing the colour from 24bits to 8bits had a
considerable impact on usability.

Xvfb has a -pixdepths option, which appears to be a list of supported
colour depths.  I just would like to get the client to allow the
choice to be determined at connection time.

Regards,

Nick.