[winswitch] Winswitch server on a headless system?

Troy Cauble troycauble at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 04:23:14 GMT 2013

> I'd like to have a "one-click" approach for others who would like to run the remote test apps, but don't (and shouldn't) know a thing about ssh or X11.  I'd like it to be as easy as launching a local program, or opening a web page from a shortcut.

Personally, I prefer using just xpra instead of winswitch.  I have a
small number of shell scripts like the one below, with the three
initial settings changed.  My client is OSX, my server Ubuntu.

-troy

#!/bin/sh

RDISPLAY=111
RAPP=calibre
RHOST=myhome.no-ip.com

ROUT=`basename $RAPP`.out

ssh $RHOST xpra -d all start :$RDISPLAY --start-child="$RAPP"
--exit-with-children

cd /
/Applications/Window-Switch.app/Contents/Helpers/xpra -d all attach
ssh:$RHOST:$RDISPLAY > $HOME/.xpra/client.$RDISPLAY.output 2>&1