[winswitch] Ubuntu 13.04 as host - permission problems on xpra start

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue May 7 17:20:13 BST 2013

On 05/07/2013 11:14 PM, Stephen Gutknecht (hilltx) wrote:
> I'm going to try to keep this simple ;) I didn't have any of these
> problems with numerous Ubuntu 12.10 hosts... but clean installs of
> Ubuntu 13.04 x64 are giving me problems.
>
> xpera start on the host runs into various permission issues:
>
> 1. /dev/tty0 permission problem. A hacky chmod gets past that.
> 2. /dev/tty8 permission problem. A hacky chmod gets past that.
> 3. xf86EnableIOPorts permission problems
>
> I'm trying xpra v0.10.0
0.10.0 is not even in beta yet... 0.9.0 is likely to work better.
That said, I don't think it will solve any of these errors.

> Anyone able to get this working on Ubuntu 13.04?
Sorry, not installed the latest Ubuntu yet, not particularly keen on
finding out what they have managed to break this time around.

Sounds like these permissions issues are to do with Xvfb/Xdummy rather
than xpra itself. Trying the other option may work around that.

I've added this to my TODO list.