[winswitch] Ubuntu 13.04 - virgin install - repository install of winswitch / xpra

Stephen Gutknecht (hilltx) stephen at hilltx.com
Wed May 8 04:19:55 BST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk> wrote:

>> Fatal server error:
>> xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)
>>
>> which I can hack chmod, but then /dev/tty8 does similar, then
>> xf86EnableIOPorts permission problem comes up next.
> More than likely, this is to do with Xdummy vs Xvfb, please see my

ok, I figured out how to do this Xdummy / Xvfb change now ;)

I changed the xvfb= line in /etc/xpra/xpra.conf on the host by
commenting / uncommenting the appropriate lines, did the xpra start,
and now I'm using Xvfb instead of Xdummy and it is working correctly
on Ubuntu 13.04.

Thank you for your help.