[winswitch] connect retry loop for xpra launcher?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Thu Sep 5 08:28:04 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm working to setup xpra to connect to a virtual machine running on my
laptop. The Host runs only trusted Debian stable software and the virtual
machine runs all untrusted stuff (Skype...).

Libvirtd automatically starts the virtual machine at boot and the
xpra_launcher ist started by ~/.config/autostart/xpra_launcher.desktop

However when xpra_launcher starts before the xpra server in the virtual
machine, it opens a window.

It would be nice to have an additional parameter for xpra_launcher like
autoretry=$INTEGER

If the parameter is set and not zero, then xpra_launcher will just sit in the
systray and trying to reconnect every $INTEGER seconds.

Regards,

Thomas Koch