[winswitch] Terminal emulators with 0.12.19 update

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Sep 22 15:25:17 BST 2013

On 22/09/13 11:31, Chris Hamilton wrote:
> Hi, sorry I am not in the mail list, so this will not be in the right
> thread.
>

> I followed directions in https://www.xpra.org/trac/ticket/429 however they
> did not seem to work.  I had similar issues manually setting
> XPRA_ALLOW_ALPHA as well as various command line parameters on xpra in
> Ubuntu, but nothing changed.  OpenGL on client or server didn't seem to
> change anything either.  I eventually set the xpra.conf encoding default to
> png in Windows and the terminals finally worked completely.
I don't really know what problem you are referring to... so the answer
below is just a guess:
If you use an encoding that does not use swscale (all except x264 and
vpx), then you may bypass problems with broken builds.
However, all the other encodings are also much much less efficient
(especially PNG), and xpra is now designed to run with the newer/better
encodings.
So, I still recommend that you resolve your swscale/x264 library issues.