[winswitch] Keyexpired during update

Randy thejunk.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 17:12:14 BST 2013

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 09:31:18 PM Antoine Martin wrote:
> On 22/09/13 07:46, Randy wrote:
> > I reciently had this problem too.  It was caused by upgrading to the
new
> > testing (Jessie) after Wheezy went stable and severl keys were
changed.

> > What I had to do:
> > 1. comment out the repo entry in souces.list
>
> AFAIK, This is not needed.
>
> > 2. run apt-get update
>
> Not needed.
>
> > 3. locate the offending key for your distro and version and delete it.  I
> > forget the exact commands or where they are actually stored as it has
> > been a few months now.
>
> It's the key from the error message: 1367717527
>
> > 4. re install the new key and run apt-get update
>
> Yes.
>
> > 5. re enable the repo entry in sources.list and run apt-get update
again

> AFAIK, this is not needed.
> If you want to force the refresh, you can "apt-get clean && apt-get
update"

Actually all these steps were needed to resoleve the error for the
Virtualbox repo after the update to the new Debian Testing (Jessie).  True
with winswitch/xpra the issue was resolved by just importing the new key
and refreshing the repo.  So the problem I had was probably related to my
system and not an issue in general.

Thanks
If it ain't broke tweek it