[winswitch] why is winswitch repo packaging Cython??

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:11:59 BST 2014

On 19/08/14 18:06, Neal Becker wrote:
> I just noticed I have an update for Cython (fedora 20)
>
> Why would winswitch package Cython?
That's part of the big changes in packaging for v0.14.x
We provide packages for everything needed in order to build everything
from source: that's all of xpra's build dependencies - many of which are
not available elsewhere - Cython is the exception here.
And although in this particular case the version of Cython in Fedora 20
would be recent enough to build xpra, we prefer to use the
newer-and-better Cython.
> Just to increase my surprise, I maintain Cython for Fedora.  I also
> noticed Fedora Cython package is about 9M, which winswitch version
> is 2M.
I have absolutely no idea why that is, and would be interested to know
why, maybe pyther can help you.
Especially when the specfile we have used was meant to be based on the
Fedora one (I think). You can find it here:
http://xpra.org/trac/browser/xpra/trunk/rpmbuild/Cython.spec