[winswitch] xpra server python TypeError

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 06:43:44 GMT 2014

(snip)
>   File
> "/home1/fhs/python64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xpra/server/window_source.py",
> line 455, in damage
>     add_rectangle(region, x, y, w, h)
> TypeError: add_rectangle() takes exactly 2 arguments (5 given)
>
> I see that in server/region.py there are two implementations of
> add_rectangle: one for older versions of gtk which takes 2 arguments, and
> another that takes 4 arguments. This looks like a bug.
>
> The server mostly works, except it has problem refreshing windows sometimes.
I bet it does!
> Package versions:
> xpra 0.11.2
> pygtk 2.12.0
> gtk 2.10.4
Those versions are *really old*. Nevertheless, here's a fix:
https://www.xpra.org/trac/changeset/5355/xpra

You should be able to drop in the new region.py file and delete any of
xpra's region.py* files you may have on your system to fix things.

I've briefly tested with the test flag:
XPRA_FAKE_OLD_PYGTK=1 xpra ...
And it seems to work OK, let us know if you still have problems. It will
be included in the next stable release.