[winswitch] xpra 0.13.5 misbehaving

Douglas Doole dougdoole at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:05:28 BST 2014

I upgraded to xpra 0.13.5 this morning, and I'm having some very strange
behaviour with click and drag. I'll click and drag on the title bar to move
a window and sometime it will move, but other times I'll get behaviour such
as the window collapsing to just the title bar, or being pushed behind an
overlapping window.

Similar problems when I click and drag on the edge of a window to resize
it. Sometime it resizes and other times the window gets pushed behind an
overlapping window.

The behaviour seems to be random (at least I haven't found anything that
specifically causes the strange behaviour). The bad behaviour seems more
likely to occur when the xpra managed window is overlapping another window.
The second window can be local or from xpra.

I don't see anything useful in the client or server logs.

I did not see this problem on xpra 0.13.4.

Both my client and server are running Ubuntu 12.04. My desktop is KDE.

Anything I can gather to help narrow this down? (I'm going to have to roll
back to 0.13.4. soon, because this is making 0.13.5 pretty much unusable.)

--
-- Doug Doole

aibohphobia - The irrational fear of palindromes