[winswitch] xpra through a ssh tunnel

Fazlul Shahriar fshahriar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 05:02:31 GMT 2014

This is what I do:

1) Set up a persistent ssh tunnel:
     autossh -M 20000 -f -N -L 2222:remotehostatwork:22 serveratwork

2) Add this in .ssh/config

    Host remotehosttunnel
    HostName localhost
    Port 2222

3) Assuming you have xpra running on display :100 on remotehostatwork, you
can run:

    xpra attach ssh:remotehosttunnel:100

This has been working well for me.

Hope that helps,