[winswitch] Using xpra in ssh -X

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu May 1 03:43:14 BST 2014

On 30/04/14 15:25, V V wrote:
> If xpra is installed on the server and client, is it possible to make it so
> that when ssh connection with X forwarding (i.e. ssh -X ...) is done from
> client to server, xpra is used underneath?
I'm not sure I understand what it is that you are trying to do.
If you are already connecting to xpra over ssh and want to use the ssh
connection sharing feature. (openssh "ControlMaster")
This should already work, but you may be interested in adding:
"--no-exit-ssh" to your command line, or to your .xpra/xpra.conf
If you are connecting to xpra over tcp, then this is not possible at
present.

Antoine