[winswitch] Windiws client usage

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 18:56:42 GMT 2014

On 26/11/14 02:40, Lukas Haase wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
>>> [...]
>>>  I used GSSAPI authentication first and needed to pass certain options to plink. I didn't see how this works with
>>> winswitch/xpra. (Is it possible? Particularly, supplying a session name or SSH public key would be interesting)
>> I am not at all sure how well this works with plink and command line arguments, but this is what the "--ssh=" flag is for.
>> [...]
> I played around with this; indeed, the *.xpra file accepts a ssh= line.
>
> However, it seems to me that arguments are parsed improperly.
>
> When I use
>
> ssh_port=22
> mode=ssh
> ssh="plink.exe -noagent -i o:\pkey.ppk"
>
> I get:
>
> Error running ssh program '[plink.exe -noagent -i o:\pkey.ppk', '-l', 'lukas', '-ssh'....
> [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
>
> It seems that in this case, the complete command is interpreted as executeable which can of course indeed not be found.
Ouch.
I've just tried it on Linux and couldn't reproduce the problem.
I'll try it on MS Windows next week.
> When I use (without quotes)
>
> ssh_port=22
> mode=ssh
> ssh=plink.exe -noagent -i o:\pkey.ppk
>
> then the appended arguments seem to be dropped; in any case they are ignored.
Does sound like a real bug.
I guess not many people use the ssh switch on win32, or just in ways
that don't cause this issue.
> Independently from that, I see that xpra itself supplies "-agent" to plinks argument list. This might not be always wanted, for example in my case.
> Therefore I would suggest to add a "ssh_args" option if it can be easily implemented.
> If this is not set, do whatever is done now (with "ssh" executeable).
> If this is set, these arguments are passed to "ssh", along with "-l username" and the command to be executed but otherwise no "default" arguments such as "-agent".
I think we can do something slightly more elegant:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/747#ticket
Feel free to subscribe and/or add comments to this ticket.
> This method would also allow to pass "-load mysession" and hence GSSAPI authentication would work :-)
Should work once this ticket is implemented.