[winswitch] [xpra] screen blur if maximize windows

Long Nguyen Thanh ntlong0210 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:27:52 BST 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 24/09/14 16:28, Long Nguyen Thanh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some problems with xpra, and still unresolved.
> >
> > 1. I ususally use xpra client with encoding  H.264. Assume I use firefox
> > read news, and often scroll up, scroll down...
> > At normal size ( not maximize ), screen is OK.
> > At maximize size, screen become blur.
> The encoding heuristics may start downscaling your windows at high
> resolutions in order to keep up (usually about 1080p and up).
> If you raise the minimum quality and/or lower the speed, this is much
> less likely to happen.
> When this does happen, the auto-refresh should kick in eventually and
> clear the blurriness.

I'd set quality and speed option are auto.

> > I'd changed Xvfb screen -> 1024x768 but it not work.
> Not sure what makes you think that this is a good idea.
> And why 1024x768?

My current screen resolution is 1024x768.
I use it cos I want to set fullscreen video in Firefox with right size.( If
use default xpra.conf, video is too large ( out of my screen) when
fullscreen.)

> > 2. Sometimes, xpra can't attach, and appear error 10061 connection
> refused
> This looks like a mswindows error code. A quick google search leads me
> to believe that:
> " the problem is with an intermediate networking device"
> (firewall or other, wrong port, etc)
> > 3.I always receive errors : Xlibs : RANDR missing, RENDR missing when
> start
> > any application with xpra. But I can still use those apps.
> It is very difficult to say without the full commands used (including
> the one for xpra, Xvfb and the command used) and the full error message
> and where you found it.

Some warnings come from the X11 server can be ignored, maybe this is one
> of those:
> https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/FAQ#WarningsandMessages

Thank you, I found it.

> > 4. How I can use OpenGL option ?
> OpenGL client rendering is enabled if your graphics card drivers support
> it.
> http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/ClientRendering/OpenGL
> For the server, see:
> https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/FAQ#OpenGLIssues
> > Server: Ubuntu 12.04, xpra 0.14.7-1
> IIRC, Ubuntu 12.04 is problematic for many things, including Xdummy and
> OpenGL...

Ubuntu 14.04 is same ? I think I will upgrade my server to 14.04 if it is
less problematic than.