[winswitch] awesome project, newbie questions

Barry Smoke Barry at sanpliance.com
Fri Jul 31 02:26:01 BST 2015

I stumbled across this project while looking deeper into nomachine nx, and comparable remote protocols.
I spent an afternoon learning about the winswitch gui, and connecting windows pc's together remotely.
the client obviously has full support for the various remote connection protocols, vnc, nx, xpra, rdp, and various others.
there seems to be no way to force a different protocol to be used for windows connections, although the note on the website indicates a licensing issue, not the technology is at fault.
how difficult would it be to enable a selection of the protocol to use for client to client connections on windows, for use as an internal remote assistance utility?
Does the client software act as a server, as I figured out a default port of 32123 is used for connections.
Or, would nx server software, and xpra server software have to be run, to connect the session to?

Is there a design doc, or diagram showing the internal workflow?  I did download the source, but haven't dug through too deep yet.
Thanks,
Barry Smoke