[winswitch] xpra build error

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 06:54:45 BST 2015

On 02/06/15 04:51, basd wrote:
> Installed fmpeg and ffmpeg-devel so the rpmbuild and install work now.
>
> Plus, exits from Winswitch/Xpra are not crashing my server anymore.
My best guess is that until you installed ffmpeg, you were using other
fallback modules for image processing: either our own cython csc module,
the pyopencl one, or maybe the vpx encoder.
One of those may contain a corruption bug which would cause crashes.
If so, you should be able to reproduce the problem by selecting which
video encoders and csc modules are activated, ie:
xpra start --video-encoders=vpx --csc-modules=opencl
Please try to reproduce it: the fact that the problem is no longer
occurring does not mean that the bug is gone, it is simply not
triggered. And it may trigger later...
> Thanks!
>
> (I did not think I was doing anything that selected EITHER ffmpeg OR libav, but in any event ffmpeg
> was not in my "Requires" -- it was already installed on one computer, but not the other.)
The build system will pick up the libraries installed and build as many
of the optional modules as it can.

Antoine