[winswitch] pulse audio processes on server remain after xpra stop

Jiang Qian jiang.qian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:50:31 BST 2015

Hi everyone,
I'm puzzled whether this behavior is intended or not, so I ask this
list rather than file a bug report. When I quite xpra instance on the
server by doing first
xpra list
to find out which display it's running on (e.g. :100)
and then do
xpra stop :100
the xpra instance stops successfully, as xpra list shows no running instance.
But if I do this on the server
ps|grep pulse
and I found instances of pulse audio stopped by xpra still running.
When I start a new instance of xpra server, a new instance of pulse
audio start. If I kill the old pulse audio, the sound on the new xpra
instance is not affected.

This happens both on 0.14 branch and 0.15 branch. I'm running both
server and client on ubuntu 14.04

Jiang