[winswitch] issue with forwarding x to a lower res monitor from a virtual Xvfb

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 07:44:21 GMT 2015

Hi,

xpra is very interesting, but I am encountering an issue or say cannot
figure out exactly how to achieve the following.

1. Start a xvfb based virtual x instance in a resolution say 4k
(3840x2160) in one machine (server) with say libreoffice impress, and
broadcast using 'xpra shadow :10"
2. Access that instance from another machine (laptop) using 'xpra
attach ssh:hostname:10'
3. Screencapture the :10 inside the same machine at 4K.

But it does not allow me to capture in 4K but at the same resolution
as of the rendering laptop.

I checked Xdummy related to Ubuntu instruction at
https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/Xdummy, but to no avail.

Any hints would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
/z