[winswitch] issue with forwarding x to a lower res monitor from a virtual Xvfb

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:51:38 GMT 2015

On 11/16/15, Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk> wrote:

>>> If you are certain that you will only need a single resolution, then you
>>> could also use a customized xorg.conf
>>>
>>> The "desktop-scaling" option in 0.16 looks easier to me than either of
>>> those options.
>> any man pages about desktop-scaling?
> Can you please check before asking?
> man xpra
> And also here (the second link on the wiki):
> http://xpra.org/manual.html

Sorry I skipped the part in the man-page. Still I could not figure out
the sync-xvfb part in the man pages.

After reading the --desktop-scaling part, the parameter allows to
control the server's x resolution on the fly.

But I am trying to do the other way round. The server's virtual X
remains at the 4K resolution while the client's varies according to
the physical screen attached.

Thanks again,
/z