[winswitch] Can't install winswitch on RHEL 6.4 : No package winswitch available.

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 04:40:46 BST 2015

On 18/09/15 02:37, McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - HP Storage) wrote:
> [...]
> python-lz4-debuginfo.x86_64                                                  0.7.0-0.el6                                              winswitch
> python-netifaces-debuginfo.x86_64                                            0.10.4-3.el6                                             winswitch
> python-pillow-debuginfo.x86_64                                               2.9.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> python-pillow-devel.x86_64                                                   2.9.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> python-pillow-doc.noarch                                                     2.9.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> python-pillow-qt.x86_64                                                      2.9.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> python-pillow-tk.x86_64                                                      2.9.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> python-pytools.noarch                                                        2015.1.2-1.el6                                           winswitch
> python-rencode-debuginfo.x86_64                                              1.0.3-1.el6                                              winswitch
> x264-xpra-debuginfo.x86_64                                                   20150909-1.el6                                           winswitch
> x264-xpra-devel.x86_64                                                       20150909-1.el6                                           winswitch
> xorg-x11-drv-dummy.x86_64                                                    0.3.6-15.xpra6.el6                                       winswitch
> xorg-x11-drv-dummy-debuginfo.x86_64                                          0.3.6-15.xpra6.el6                                       winswitch
> xpra-debuginfo.x86_64                                                        0.15.6-2.el6_7                                           winswitch
> yasm.x86_64                                                                  1.3.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> yasm-debuginfo.x86_64                                                        1.3.0-1.el6                                              winswitch
> yasm-devel.x86_64
>
> <root at stdev1:~> cat /etc/yum.repos.d/winswitch.repo
> [winswitch]
> name=Winswitch $releasever - $basearch
> enabled=1
> metadata_expire=7d
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://winswitch.org/gpg.asc
> baseurl=http://winswitch.org/dists/RedHat/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> I've tried CentOS instead of RedHat in the above.  I've tried hardcoding the releasever.  All to no avail.

The winswitch packages were missing from the 6.7 repo (which is now the default repo for "6"), that should be fixed now.

But if you're stuck on a specific version (6.4 in your case) and not
keeping up with minor OS releases (currently at 6.7), you may want to
change the baseurl to read:

baseurl=http://winswitch.org/dists/RedHat/6.4/$basearch/
(and remember to change it again if and when you update that system)