[winswitch] Does installing Xpra require installing an X server?

Timothy Hobbs timothy at hobbs.cz
Fri Apr 15 23:12:54 BST 2016

If you are running XPRA in order to server applications, then yes, you
need an X11 server installed. If you are running XPRA to display remote
content, you also need X11 installed. So I presume that in all cases,
yes, you need X11. Basically, when you server an application, XPRA
starts up that application in a small dummy X11 server, and then
interacts with that application via the dummy X11 server, it's not like
XPRA is emulating the X11 protocol or anything.

Tim