[winswitch] xpra-0.17.0 on Centos 7

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 10:20:12 BST 2016

On 27/04/16 22:36, Bob Tennent wrote:

> It seems the problem is that the remote system is running
> Centos-6. If I do
>   sudo mkdir -p /run/user/500
On the server I assume?
500 being the uid of the user that starts the xpra server?

> and set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to /run/user/500
How? On the client or server?
Please post the command lines used.

> there, I can attach to that system despite
>   /run/user/500/xpra/run-xpra: Command not found.
I can attach with or without having this directory present.

> If I set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to $HOME/.xpra and
>   mkdir ~/.xpra/xpra
> with a symlink from there to ~/.xpra/run-xpra
> I no longer get a "Command not found" message when I attach.
> Is there a better way to fix this?
The "command not found" can be safely ignored, I see it all the time on
centos and is not causing any problems, just a minor visual annoyance.

As for the root cause of your connectivity problems - if you still have
them, I have just tried connecting to and from centos 7.x and 6.x, with
ssh on a non-standard port, using a brand new test user account, and it
didn't fail once. (well, once before I opened up the firewall on that port)
I can only assume that something about your setup is different.