[winswitch] Icons

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 06:06:00 BST 2016

On 02/08/16 01:30, Joó Ádám wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed xpra on an Ubuntu 16.04 Server instance, and I get
> the following warning running Firefox:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'list-add' for stock: Icon
> 'list-add' not present in theme elementary
>
> Indeed, the new tab icon is missing.
>
> I use Elementary on my client, I suppose that’s what the error refers
> to, but I don’t quite understand why would something running on the
> server try to load an icon on the client, given that as far as I
> understand xpra transfers the rendered image of the application
> window.
Some client settings are synchronized, the theme in this case.
This allows server rendered applications to look the same as other local
applications on the client.

That seems to cause problems with Firefox.
Is the "elementary" theme installed on the server?
If not, Firefox should be falling back to a default theme.
(or maybe we shouldn't be setting the theme to one that is not installed
- though I am unsure how we would check and filter that..)
If it is, then it is missing "list-add", which would be a bug in the
theme. (not the first theme bug I've encountered)

> What can I do to have the icons render properly?
"--xsettings=no" would disable all client to server settings
synchronization, which may workaround this particular problem.