[winswitch] Black screen on ElementaryOS

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 10:04:52 BST 2016

On 04/08/16 07:52, Mark Messer wrote:
> I have an issue with Xpra - as I need a remote screen locally I did
> everything in the following order:
> xpra start :99
> export DISPLAY=:99
> someapprun
You can also do:
xpra start --start=someapprun
(no need to specify the display on most recent ditros)

> and in another terminal:
> xpra attach :99
xpra attach
(no need to specify the display if there is only one session available)

> And it works almost fine with one small exception - the screen is black.
That's a significant problem indeed!

> It
> reacts to clicks. When clicked top right on black, where the close button
> should be the app closes. Tested also an app that has a close button on the
> bottom - works the same way. So the screen indeed works. But misses to show
> graphics.
> I even turned on debug -d all and see that messages re mouse travel well.
> Cannot see errors, but maybe they scrolled in a mass of messages.
> What else should I check, what switch enable, is it a known issue?
Is this happening with just this application or others? xterm?
You may want to turn every feature off and switch encodings.

Failing that, please file a ticket:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/ReportingBugs