[winswitch] Centos libvpx.so.4 dependency

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 17:42:33 BST 2016

On 26/08/16 18:48, Bob Tennent wrote:
>  >|> --> Processing Dependency: libvpx.so.4()(64bit) for package:
>  >|> ffmpeg-xpra-3.1.2-1.el7_2.x86_64
>  >|>
>  >|> --> Processing Dependency: libvpx.so.4 for package:
>  >|> ffmpeg-xpra-3.1.2-1.el6_8.i686
>
>  >|I guess you're having some dependency problems on the latest CentOS?
>  >|Can you please clarify what the problem is? Is the required libvpx
>  >|library version not available in those repos?
>
> Yes. ffmeg-xpra requires libvpx.so.4, which isn't available.
> On Centos 7 I've built and installed libvpx-1.6.0 which
> provides it and then xpra-0.17.5 installs ok.
Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting it. If needed:
yum clean metadata && yum update

I wished I could say this is the first or last time some dependency
issue like this is going to land in the repository.. but producing
builds for multiple branches for over 40+ different distribution
variants is hard, so please keep bugging me when things do go wrong.

More often than not, including this time, the missing packages can be
found in the beta area. (I'll try to automate this better)