[winswitch] HTML5 authentication

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 04:29:42 GMT 2016

On 24/12/16 04:47, Mukul Agrawal via shifter-users wrote:
> Do you have some documentation/link that provides some insight on the authentication is being used with HTML5 client?
The (optional) authentication credentials are sent in the http request.
Those are processed by the HTML5 client javascript code.

> Is there any cookie, token or session ID included in communication
with XPRA server?
No.
The HTML5 client only uses a single websocket connection to the server.

> Does the server check for state or session existence on every request?
There are no HTTP requests after downloading the HTML5 client.

> Does an authenticated session expire?
What "session"? (as per above, there is no HTTP session)
The HTML5 websocket connection to the xpra server does not expire.