[winswitch] error -- doubt its xpra

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 18:52:21 GMT 2016

On 30/11/16 01:25, Michael Durkin via shifter-users wrote:
> im getting an error of sorts and im not sure how to deal with it ,,,
>
> http://pastebin.com/A2NAug19
>
> /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: /usr/local/lib/libavutil.a(log.o): relocation
> R_ARM_THM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `a local symbol' can not be used when making
> a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/local/lib/libavutil.a: error adding symbols: Bad value
> error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1
Hmm, yet another strange build problem on arm. I'm not sure why you have
a static library in /usr/local...
And I'm not going to recommend that you try to fix it because it's very
likely that the libav version is going to be too old anyway.
So the best course of action is probably to just build with:
./setup.py build --without-dev_avcodec2 --without-csc_swscale
And see where that gets you.
Hopefully you won't have to turn off too many things to get a working build.