[winswitch] openGL application under XPRA

Titusi Forum titusiforum at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 01:15:42 BST 2017

Hello:

I am running openGL application (e.g. Matlab) on a remote headless ubuntu
server with no graphics card of its own. I am using XPRA 1.0 to remotely
transport the graphics to my local MSWin10 desktop.

I am running into whole bunch of libGL errors saying swrast_dri.so library
is missing.
I am guessing this is all related to the fact that I don't have graphics
card on the remote server. Isn't there any way to tell the application to
use software openGL in one way or other?

I tried using VirtualGL, but I am not sure how to use it with XPRA. First
of all, is this the right track? If yes, then can you tell me if
$VGL_DISPLAY needs to point to the same display on which XPRA is running?

I am pretty clueless at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way XPRA works beautifully for non openGL applications for me.
Thanks for the great software!