[winswitch] xpra with HTML5 support for Raspbian Jessie

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 07:25:19 BST 2017

On 17/04/17 06:46, Joseph Spoon via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After multiple hours of searching and testing I have not found an xpra
> installation candidate for Raspbian Jessie that includes HTML5 support. The
> base repository only installs version 0.14 and no separate installation
> candidate source is working for me. What is the best option for installing
> xpra with HTML5 support for a Raspberry Pi?
You will have to install from source I am afraid. See:
https://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Building/Other

Depending on how you want to use xpra, you should turn off some codecs
which will simplify the build process. A number of dependencies are also
well out of date in Raspbian. I would also recommend building the 1.0
LTS branch rather than the newer versions which aren't even meant to
build on Jessie, see:
https://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Platforms