[winswitch] Xpra - Docker - Assistance request

Ali Sadat sadatakhavi.ali at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:53:05 GMT 2017

Hi,

I appreciate if you could assist me with the following question regarding
use of xpra inside Docker containers.

As a part of one of my projects, I have to use xpra inside runc\docker
containers to access GUI apps. (I understand this is not the best practice)

Xpra works perfectly inside containers, until I have to checkpoint and
restore the container. It seems CRIU does not like the concept of
unix-sockets inside containers and requires special IPC to be created
between processes. I tried to follow the instructions provided by CRIU for
VNC in link below. However, could not get xpra to work.

https://criu.org/VNC

Tried other approaches too eg: SSH, TCP and... to avoid use of Display
sockets, but there was not much success there either.

I am really stuck !!! and I am just wondering if you can help me with this
or point me toward the right direction.

Is there any way to create an IPC been xpra and application inside
container ? or exit xpra session before checkpoint and reconnect to exit-ed
session after restore ? or...

Thanks

Ali