[winswitch] No menu bar in Ubuntu

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 17:37:32 GMT 2017

On 19/01/17 00:29, Douglas Doole via shifter-users wrote:
> Any thoughts on this? I can open a bug, but I'd like to know that I'm not
> missing something first.
Sorry, forgot to reply - I wanted to test first but couldn't find the time.
It's probably best to file a ticket so this doesn't get lost again.

My guess is that there must be some setting that is forwarded that tells
the application to not use Ubuntu's "global menu".
We do have some environment variables that are set to try to turn it
off, but maybe these are no longer sufficient.

These environment variables will only affect commands started with:
xpra start --start=THECOMMAND
And not with:
DISPLAY=:100 THECOMMAND
Yet another reason for always using the "--start" option.